Polygon.io helps in obtaining accurate, reliable and real-time financial market data. The company has recently launched a new stock financials API and an improved financial news API.
Note: This article is geared towards who are based in the US.
1. New Stock Financials API
The new stock financials API featuring company financials is sourced directly from SEC fillings. Here’s a list of it’s features.
- Data has been normalized for revenue and operating expenses.
- Data is point-in-time which provides exact financial data for a particular day.
- 10 years of financial data for listed companies.
- API responses include core financial data grouped into balance sheet, cash flow statement, income statement, and comprehensive income.
To use the API, you can simply use the below URL.
If you have Postman installed, you can check the API response in a simpler way.
2. New & Improved Financial News API
News API v2 delivers up-to-date content from multiple major financial news outlets, better searching capabilities, and conformity with standard response structure and pagination patterns.
News API v2 allows you to search for the most recent financial news articles across all tickers, a single ticker, or a range of tickers.
To use the API, you can use the below URL.
Thanks for reading and happy coding.